Where is spring? Why am I still lighting fires in my wood stove? I don’t expect to be out there in my flip-flops, but I’d love a day out of the 40s. I want to bring my grill back up to the deck and start cooking some lighter meals!
Anyway, I have several new recipes I plan to try out this week and a couple of super-easy dinners. I was thrilled to go to a Trader Joe’s over the weekend and I picked up a jar of their curry simmer sauce. I used to love it, so I am excited to try it again. It’ll make for a super easy dinner (even if I don’t get around to putting the curried chick peas in the slow cooker). Here’s what on the menu at Chez Carol:
- Sunday: Meatball sandwiches
- Monday: NY Strip steak, roasted asparagus with Romano cheese, green salad
- Tuesday: No cooking
- Wednesday: Blacked tilapia Baja tacos, sweet potato fries
- Thursday: Chicken curry, curried chick peas (from The Indian Slow Cooker), basamati rice
- Friday: Cheese pizza, salad
- Saturday: Sweet pork tacos with avocado cream, cole slaw with cilantro-lime vinaigrette
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.