As I am typing this it’s about 6 AM and I’ve already been up for two hours. Ugh. To put it mildly. Noah awoke even earlier than usual, but this time with a cough so I got up and took him downstairs since it was clear he wasn’t going to be heading back to sleep. He begged me for strawberries, so I cut some up for him and made myself tea while he played with the magnets on the fridge. His cough seems to have improved a bit, which is great, but I know it’s going to be a long day. On the bright side, our wood stove is supposed to be installed today so I’m looking forward to that. Let’s just hope he shows up Anyway, onto the menus:
- Sunday: Leftovers
- Monday: Cube steaks in dijon mustard (Drew’s recipe), celeriac puree, roasted squash, turnip & fennel
- Tuesday: Tacos
- Wednesday: Roast turkey breast, stuffing, cranberry sauce, CSA veggies
- Thurday: Tomato & mozzarella tart, green salad (homemade bagel pizzas for boys)
- Friday: Probably grab something out – Jake has a birthday party to attend
- Saturday: Breakfast for dinner: eggs, sausage, waffles or pancakes, fruit salad
Jake is off from school tomorrow (Rosh Hashanah) and it’s CSA pickup day so I want to make sure whatever I make is easy, and preferably easy to make ahead of time. That’s why very often Tuesdays have become “Taco Tuesdays.” I can make everything in the early afternoon and then just reheat the beef once I get home from the farm. Honestly, I’m not sure how closely I’ll stick to this week’s menu, but at least it’s a guideline.
For more menu-planning ideas, visit Organizing Junkie.