Per D’s doctor’s orders, we are eliminating sugar and back to low-carb living. I’m totally fine with it and the kids are enthusiastic about trying new dishes and eating healthier. Although I won’t be totally eliminating breads and sugar from their diet, we are all working together and they’re happy to eat more protein and veggies. (Thank goodness I do not have picky eaters!)
We are back to eating South Beach style, so if you’re looking for low-carb menu ideas, you’ve come to the right place! Mind you, these meal plans will not always apply to our kids, especially breakfast and lunch. As for D & myself, breakfasts will be some kind of preparation of eggs, or yogurt sprinkled with nuts. Lunches will be a large salad with a protein (chicken, tuna, or shrimp most likely). Dinners this week look something like this:
- Sunday: Chili, green salad
- Monday: Sausage and peppers on an Oopsie Roll, roasted tomato soup, green salad
- Tuesday: Lemon chicken, roasted broccoli with Parmesan, green salad
- Wednesday: Turkey taco salads with black beans, avocado and cilantro-lime vinaigrette
- Thursday: Roasted lemon garlic herb shrimp, roasted broccoli, green salad
- Friday: Grilled steak, loaded broccoli, Caprese salad
- Saturday: Pizza night! Trying out this cauliflower crust recipe. And a green salad, of course.
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.