Surprise, surprise! We started this week with a three-hour delay from school this morning. It poured all day yesterday and then the rain turned to ice and snow overnight, resulting in a messy but beautiful morning! It’s melting fast, but the ice is still clinging to the trees.
Anyway! Lent starts this week, so there will be more meatless meals, and I’m hoping to branch out and try some fish recipes as well. Last night I went out to La Puerta Azul with a friend and I had the fish tacos. They were amazing and I want to try making them at home. Here’s my exciting (ha!) menu for the week:
- Sunday: Eggs for everyone else, girls’ night out for me
- Monday: Pork fried rice, green salad
- Tuesday: Sausage & peppers
- Wednesday: Cheese manicotti with red sauce, salad
- Thursday: Chicken marsala, broccoli, mashed potatoes
- Friday: Cheese quesadillas, black bean soup
- Saturday: Leftovers
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.