Well, after several days of decadent eating last week on our vacation at Woodloch Pines, we are back to the usual menus here! I admit that I overindulged on breads and desserts. (By most people’s standards I probably didn’t do so bad, but for me it was a lot). Nevertheless, I savored every bite and don’t regret a spoonful 🙂
Lent begins this week, and that gives me an incentive to work more fish dishes into our meal plan. We ate quite a bit of fish on vacation, so that was a great way to get inspired! Of course, I only post my dinner plans and I realize there’s not much fish here this week, but I’ll be making it for lunch. I might try stuffing tuna fish into cucumber cups for a quick bite, or a quick marinated shrimp salad.
Here’s what I’m planning for this week:
- Sunday: chicken fajitas, fruit salad
- Monday: pesto chicken, riced cauliflower, green salad
- Tuesday: mushroom-swiss burgers (buns optional), tomato basil soup, green salad
- Wednesday: onion soup, hard-boiled eggs, green salad
- Thursday: cube steaks with mustard gravy, mixed vegetables, green salad
- Friday: salt & vinegar baked cod, steamed broccoli, cole slaw
- Saturday: Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts ~ no cooking!
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.