It has been a pretty easy adjustment to the carb-restricted diet, and even though I don’t have to eat this way, I am and I’m enjoying a lot of benefits, specifically increased energy. I can’t believe the difference in the past week. I’m getting more done, I’m sleeping better, and I’m waking up more alert. The kids are also better behaved and more focussed. If only all transitions could go as smoothly as this one! The big hit last week was the cauliflower pizza crust. Mine came out a little soggy, but I think if I’d cooked it on my pizza stone the texture would have been great. I can’t wait to make that again! Our CSA pickup is this week, so the veggies toward the end of the week might change a little bit depending upon what’s in our basket.
Here’s what’s cookin’ in Carol’s Kitchen this week
- Sunday: Eat out
- Monday: Chili, green salad
- Tuesday: Crock pot gyros turned into a massive salad with romaine, tomato, red onion, feta, cucumber, black olives, and tzatziki
- Wednesday: Pork chops, roasted broccoli, “loaded” mashed cauliflower, green salad
- Thursday: White chili, green salad
- Friday: Burgers on Oopsie Rolls (gotta find another name because I feel ridiculous typing that), cole slaw or green salad, cut-up veggies, bacon-wrapped jalepeno poppers
- Saturday: Chicken fajitas (tortillas for the kids if they want them), black bean salad.
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.