Another week, another snow and ice storm on the way! So I am planning a week of family favorites. I am anticipating a snow day on Wednesday, and probably an early dismissal on Tuesday, so I want to make things easy for myself. The only new recipe I’m making this week is the slow cooker Gyros from A Year of Slow Cooking. I’m a little skeptical, but I’ve read quite a few good reviews. We still can’t find a great gyro around here, so if this is at least as good as the local places it will be a winner.
Last Friday, on a whim, I decided to make this copycat version of Chili’s Green Chili & Chicken Soup. While I wouldn’t say it tasted exactly like the restaurant recipe, the soup was delicious in and of itself. If you like the original version, this one is certainly worth trying. What’s on your menu this week?
- Sunday: Take-out
- Monday: Pizza & salad, leftover green chili & chicken soup
- Tuesday: Zesty chicken marinara (slow cooker), pasta, broccoli
- Wednesday: Cheese quesadillas, spicy black bean soup
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Gyros (slow cooker), fries
- Saturday: Roast chicken, mac & cheese, steamed veggies
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature