It’s August! Can you believe it? Time for back to school organization, getting back into routines, all that kind of stuff. This time of year always makes me think of going back to school. Maybe someday I’ll actually look into it, but for now I’m consumed with 2nd and 5th grade supply lists. This time of year also means a more varied harvest each week and you can certainly see that in this week’s farm share!
This, to me, was a very exciting week! Check it out:
- 2 heads of lettuce
- 2 eggplant
- 2 leeks
- 3 fennel bulbs (you could have also chosen chard or kale, but I love me some fennel)
- 1 head of garlic
- yellow squash and zucchini
- 2 onions (I snagged the last sweet onion, heh!)
- cucumber (or green pepper, but I went for the cuke)
- tomatoes (including PYO cherry tomatoes
- baby beets
- PYO flowers
Things I plan on making: bharta (my favorite and only use for the eggplant) and potato soup with leek and fennel. (Oh, the fennel gives such a nice flavor… I’m going to stock it in thte freezer to enjoy this fall).
Summer is speeding right along and as usual, I am reminded of this each time I pick up my veggies.