Well, like everyone else in the Northeast, my daily schedule was thrown off last week by two snow days and one 2-hour delay. The soup never happened. Neither did the steak au poivre, and I don’t think we ate anything at all in the order I’d intended. But that’s OK. Having a plan still made things easier. I did some baking last week, too. Nothing like winter weather to make you realize that despite your best intentions, quick weight loss will not be happening until the weather warms up! I’m too obsessed with comfort foods at the moment.
This week will be similar. There’s the threat of more snow so who knows how my meal plan will be thrown off this week?
- Sunday: Chicken vindaloo, aloo gobi, basamati rice, yogurt
- Monday: Baked breaded chicken breasts, roasted cauliflower, cranberry sauce, cole slaw
- Tuesday: Take-out
- Wednesday: Steak fajitas, rice and beans
- Thursday: Fish sandwiches, fries, cole slaw
- Friday: Roasted red pepper and tomato soup, beer bread, salad (held over from last week)
- Saturday: Pizza and salad
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature